Do you still have doubts about the importance of content writing in this modern era? Let’s clear all your doubts with the help of this article.
Content writing refers to all the writing that is present on the web. It involves article writing, blog posts, books, etc. It makes people aware of happenings around the world. Content is not only used for writing purposes but it is widely used in videos, podcasts, etc. In today’s modern world, where people are shifting towards the online mode of service, it has become essential for corporates and individuals to sell services and generate new clients online. Within a few years after independence, India has developed a lot both economically and technologically. Earlier, very few people in India had access to the internet and the cost of data was higher. But with time India has emerged as a technologically developed nation.
India as an emerging nation in the business world
The people of India are getting more aware of the huge business opportunities that exist worldwide and can be accessed online. Being an Indian, we all know how rich our country is in all aspects be it raw materials for textiles and garments, handmade products and the list goes on and on.
Today, Indian businessmen are selling their products worldwide and making a global presence. Recently, the Covid-19 pandemic has shown the world how much the natural ingredients are important for our overall body. The world has changed now. Earlier, big counties used to focus on making nuclear bombs, but today the race has shifted towards the invention of vaccines. Many companies have already started selling turmeric and ginger capsules. So, for any business to prosper online, good content becomes the key to success.
Good, relevant, and informative content helps to make the target audience persuasive and convert them into profitable consumers. It also can generate new organic traffic for your website.
When a customer, purchases something by spending his valuable money, he wants to be satisfied with a particular product or service. Through content writing, one can easily communicate with his customers through articles, reviews, blog posts, and newsletters. Customers want to get educated before buying anything. Here, content writing plays a vital role. It provides you knowledge and information about the products and services. It speaks to customers and helps to know about their feelings and interests for any product or service which in return helps the businessmen to modify or redesign their modules.
Importance Of Content Writing In The Digital World
- Content writing helps in educating your audience.
Education is the first step that helps your potential customers to decide whether a product or service is good for them. Before they make a choice they need to fully understand all the options available to them. This means your content should educate your audience properly on what you can provide. Educational content mainly includes blog posts, product pages, home page, company’s about page. It may include tutorials, reviews, and other content that help your customers to make the right purchasing decisions. To educate your target audience you must focus on their problems and how your products and services can solve those issues.
- Content writing helps in establishing your business
Through content writing, one can easily establish his business online. Posting regular content helps people know about your products and services. It helps them to know about you and how you can help them. It drives people to your website and keeps them interested.
- Content writing helps in building brand awareness among people
Selling products and services can take time. You need to arrange customers and allow them to discover more and more about what you are selling. Publishing content on various platforms will help to do this. A useful, engaging, and well-written content can be created in the form of a blog, article, or newsletter which will inform your potential customers about your presence.
- Content Writing helps in SEO ranking
Written content is always key for SEO ranking. A video with written content ranks higher than a simple video. Script or description is essential in a video for good SEO ranking.
- Content writing helps in earning links from other websites
If your content is informative and relevant to the product on your website and is updated consistently then over some time people will start mentioning your content while discussing that product or service. This will increase the traffic to your Website.
- Content writing helps in building retention
Established businessmen are more likely to look forward to building and maintain customer retention. Content writing can help to achieve this. Most people get attracted to big brands because of their killer content writing skills and strategy that converts people to customers.
Summarising the above points
- Content writing helps in educating your audience and ensure that they make the right purchasing decisions.
- Good and valuable content increases your visibility both in social media and on search engines.
- Informative and persuasive content gets linked to other websites which increases traffic to your website.
- It persuades audiences in multiple forms such as blog posts, Facebook posts, or YouTube videos.
- People start identifying you through the content that you have published on your website.
- Content writing no doubt grabs more traffic to your website as not only the website design that matters but written content plays a vital sole in any website.
- Good content can also improve your site ranking i.e. SEO which is a major part of any commercial website.
- Through this, you can communicate with your audience by answering their questions.
- Also, one can speak to their customers and leads, which in the turn generate new leads and sales.
- It helps in increasing engagement with your target audience.
- It increases the satisfaction and loyalty of your customers for your products and services.
- It also adds value to your services and products
So never underestimate the power of content writing. It builds a relationship with your audience and converts them to profitable leads. While writing content, one should consider the tone of voice, brand guidelines, and everything that the brand needs. Also, reviewing your customer’s feelings and requirements is necessary. This helps to know
your target audience interests or needs increase engagement levels, builds brand reputation and trust, spikes your website’s ranking, and increase your sales.
Content Writing – The need of the hour
To do business online, you first need to make a website, design it, and then make a proper content for your website. Writing quality content is as essential for a company as making a product or service. Through content writing, you can educate, inform, and pursue your audience and can generate new organic leads. People get connected with you and your products and services through your writing, reviews, blogs, etc. You can also encourage people to give self- generated articles which will help you understand their needs, interest, satisfaction, and dissatisfaction.
Recently, as our honorable Prime Minister encouraged local for vocal and has boycotted or banned foreign companies and apps, a new road for success has been created in India. It is a great opportunity for the youth of India to start their business or start-ups to make the country proud, prosperous, and powerful on the international level.
To know your customer better, first, think yourself as a consumer. When you are online, the thing that grabs your attention is valuable, informative, and errorless content. Content with jargon, grammatical mistakes, and spelling errors never appeal to anybody. So, it is important to write your content wisely and mindfully.
In this digital world, content writing plays a vital role in marketing by creating informative content for the websites to increase the traffic for the products and services. It creates an impact and interest on the users. To write content we need to do a lot of research for a particular topic. This content informs the reader about the company’s product
and service details described on the website. The content on the website can be modified depending on the product or service it is used for.
Types Of Content Writers
Commercial Content Writer
They mostly work under the big company’s owners and managers and help them to create good content. It involves a team of content writers that write content in the form of article, product description, blogs, etc., which is relevant for the customers and do SEO to generate organic traffic for the brands.
Newspaper Content Writer
It covers all types of news related writings. These types of writings can be seen mostly in newspapers, magazines, news channels, etc.
These writings connect with a larger part of the population and thus need to informative and unique.
Technical Content Writer
The name itself remarks something technical. It requires technical knowledge about robotics, engineering, chemistry, computer science, electronics, etc. It is used for user manuals, documents, and so on. It targets mostly technical customers.
Academic Content Writer
It includes content in the form of books, presentations, essays, and analyses. Most of these writings present in any academic blog provide basic information about the curriculum and institution.
Tools for Content Writing
Various content writing tools help to write good and informative content with less effort.
- Google Docs – this tool allows us to collaborate with other people to form a team for our content.
- Hemingway – This app allows us to check grammatical errors and the number of adverbs we are using. Apart from this, it also checks the grade score of our writing.
- Evernote – This tool allows us to organize our writing and can be used on both mobile and desktop.
- Write well – it allows us to download templates and documents related to everything which we can use in our writing.
Best Qualities of a Content Writer
In this competitive world, websites have turned from the stage of popularity to the stage of necessity. The present generation mostly depends on the internet to get their products and services, anywhere and anytime. The Internet has become the most favorite marketplace for newly launched products, blogs, and sources of valuable and trusted information. So, it has become a necessity for business owners to make their website attractive and informative at the same time.
The basic qualities that define a content writer are as follows
- Knowledge of language – when it comes to content writing services, the linguistic skills of the service providers come to the forefront. They should be able to utilize their linguistic skills to produce all types of excellent content which includes blogs, articles, press releases, web writing, and others. They should have the ability to persuade people to be potential customers by providing all information in a small place. Content should be unique, persuasive, and professional and should have the ability to take the website to the top of the search engine. It is only writing about the products and company which makes a good impression in the hearts of visitors.
- Idea About Technology – as the world is getting more and more advanced in technology, a business cannot thrive simply with good writing skills, but technical knowledge also matters. Especially, a content writer should have optimum knowledge about the SEO methodology. Each content must be SEO friendly, creative, and effective. SEO is all about placing the right words in the right place without interfering with the overall design of the SEO methods that are used on a website. An informative, user-friendly, and search engine friendly content ensures a regular flow of traffic to your website, It increases the client volume and boosts your business income. Once good content is posted on the website, it will work for years and give profit. It is like a long term investment that generates revenues.
- On-Time Delivery
Content writers should be able to deliver their work on time. When a website is newly created or a frequently updated website or a website that needs to be updated regularly, time is crucial.
In that case, time can affect the profit margins of your business. Therefore, content delivery must be scheduled and on time.
Scope of Content Writing
Nowadays, all our needs from purchasing to selling products, travel to news, and even medical prescriptions everything is sorted under one roof with the help of the internet. Content writing has become an essential part of this age. Currently, content writers are very high in demand. It is becoming a new career alternative for many people in the coming years. There are plenty of opportunities for content writing writers as the writing field is developing rapidly.
Various opportunities for content writers are
- Writers can be hired by e-commerce and digital marketing companies. Here, you need to write a product description of various products that need to be sold along with SEO methodology.
- The journalism industry also hires creative and informative writers to write news based on various topics. News that gets published in newspapers and online needs to be written by some professionals. The articles must be easy to understand and should be highly detailed. They should have unbiased perception and rational conclusion.
- Advertising companies also need content writers as some type of writing is always involved while selling the products. It may be in the form of sales- letters, broadcasts, and press releases. Thus, content writers can work in ad campaigns as well.
- Content writers are also get hired for editing. Editing in proofreading of an existing to make it more precise and presentable.
- Content writers are also hired as social media managers. Many big companies and businessmen want a global presence through social media and want to increase their social network on Facebook, Twitter, etc., which in return proves to be a profitable business plan.
- Another great option is to become a freelance content writer. This allows you to work from the comforts of your home with your own scheduled time and also can generate good income depending upon your creative and writing skills.
- If you do not want to work under any company or organization, and do not want to write the same kind of topics with similar kind of writing skills, then blogging can be your cup of tea. You can either write blogs for different websites or can create your website. You need to publish your blogs regularly and should target a specific group of audience.
- You can also become a copywriter. Copywriters are generally hired to write promotional content in favor of a brand in the form of advertisements and headlines. The content should be catchy and convincing enough to attract your audience towards your product and services. If you are good at endorsing, this profession can generate huge income for you.
- You may work as a film critic. This profession may sound very fun but do not go by the name. It requires professional writing skills. Here, you can watch movies for free but remember that you are going to write reviews that people will trust and judge your words. So, you need to be careful enough before writing a review and should know how a film is made and what all it to takes to make a film. Then only you can be able to judge correctly.
- You can become a scriptwriter as well. This profession grants you, the authority to work independently. You can write a script according to your choice and preference and can then pitch them to production houses. Or else, you can work under a production team and write scripts according to their ideas and interests. The scripts are usually written for movies, plays, television serials, etc.
Now, as you get to know about the opportunities in the field of content writing, let’s see some of the ways to get online content writing jobs.
Best Ways to Get Online Content Writing Jobs
- Having your website
If you want to attract high paying clients, then having your website is a must. For getting top freelance content writing jobs, it is essential to have a professional-looking website. No need to worry if you do not have any idea about coding. You can still make your website using WordPress. You can also check some of your competitor’s websites and take inspiration from them.
- Cold pitching
In this, you need to contact your clients individually. It is a direct approach to find some of the best content writing jobs by pitching to Start-ups, entrepreneur bloggers, companies, or businesses. This helps the recruiters to know more about you and you can optimize your online presence through great writing skills.
- Warm Pitching
It is a type of indirect approach where you need to build relation with brands and companies. You can do that by following different brands, influencers, entrepreneurs, and start-ups of your niche through social media. You should make your social profile impressive and effective which will help you warm pitch others through your writing skills and can get the best content writing jobs from home.
- Increasing social network with Freelancers and Marketers
By increasing, social networks with freelancers help you to get online content writing jobs easily. You can take help and opinion from established freelancers about writing and marketing skills. It will help you to get a wide range of freelance projects.
- Join social media groups
You can also get some good freelancing content writing opportunities through social media. You can join some digital marketing, content marketing, and SEO groups on Facebook. Linkedin Job board is also one of the best and most trusted places to get content writing jobs.
- Practice Guest Posting
Publish your articles or blogs on popular sites where millions of people can see your writing and get to know your online presence as an established writer. You should first select a particular niche and then start writing. This will make your portfolio more impressive and attract more clients.
- Contact a local content writing agency
Local content writing agencies will also give you an opportunity for consistent and long-term content writing jobs. It will help you to develop a connection with other freelancers of your city. You will be paid better and regularly.
- Websites providing online content writing jobs
You must know about different websites that provide freelance content writing jobs for writers. You can try on some of the popular sites – freelancer.com, Quicker.com, Naukri.com, Olx.com, etc.
- Make your freelance portfolio
A freelance portfolio is essentially a website or a PowerPoint presentation that portrays who you are, what services you provide, your testimonials, your past work, and how people can contact you. It is a website where you have to convince the potential client that you are an expert in your field.
- Have patience and faith in yourself
Everything takes time and to excel in the field of content writing is not everyone’s cup of tea. But you need to be consistent in your work and should be always hopeful. Many writers fail because they lose their temper and get impatient. Always remember that most people give up when they are very close to their goals. So, never get disappointed and keep trying until you get success.
In this ever-changing digital world, good content is the key to success. A company’s success depends on the product it offers. During this pandemic where people got locked in their houses, only television and the internet helped them to be aware of the happenings of the world. Anyone can write but to become a good content writer, skill, hard work, and patience is required. By reading the minds of your target audience one can easily generate valuable and informative content.